Saturday, May 24, 2008

Work + Life = Hard


When the sun shines on my windowsill it makes me happy and hopeful.

Work has been annoying, hard, long, frustrating, and never-ending by turns.

It's hard for me to then go home and get laundry, cleaning, dishes, cooking, done and then try to focus on what I actually want to do with my life (sewing, drawing, writing). Instead I sit down and watch the season finale of America's Next Top Model (Anya totally should have won).

I need to restructure my life so that what I spend the majority of my time doing is what I want to do and what makes me happy. I have only myself to blame for not getting things done outside of work. It's just too easy to excuse "couch-tv-time" when this month has flown by with barely a day off.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

DON'T be so hard on yourself but DO write blog posts. I miss you guys and like to see what you're up to even if it is a whole lot of work and a little television.

and get on ichat!! : )

lildira said...

I miss you both so much!

James and I discuss how much we miss you - Lame!

But so true.

You should blog more as well - and yes I need to get on ichat.

Xenti said...

Life is too short to not totally love what you do. Otherwise you wake up one day and you're 50 and completely depressed over what could have been.

lildira said...

why does that make me sad?

You also remind me of how so many of our good friends have moved - I miss you and your ladylove.

Xenti said...

We miss you too.

I'm looking for a new employer, so I'm going to ask someone at my sister's wedding this weekend who works in St. Louis if he needs a right-hand man.

But let's not get too excited. This is all very premature.

April said...

If you figure it out let me in on a few secrets, granted I've basically taken on a second (gratis) job doing something I love. But I'd really like to boot the first. Without giving up couch time. I need couch time.