Saturday, October 28, 2006

everyone who said it couldn't happen = wrong

I am so excited! World Champions!!

Cards won the m.f. world series!!!

If only we had all bet on this awhile ago - we'd be rich.

And my boy Eckstein is MVP, oh I'm blissfully happy. I would have approved of it being Molina as well - but Eckstein plays baseball how it should be played and I'm sooo happy for him. We won without the big hitters doing almost anything!!

I want the reporter who said "the hardest thing for the tigers was going to be hiding their smiles as they beat the cards" to be forced to swallow his fist.

There were WashU parents in town this weekend and a bunch of them were watching the game. They weren't Tigers fans but the kept saying, "There's no way the cardinals will win - they suck. blah, blah, blah, bad team, blah, never any good" - I wanted to ask them if they'd been blind for the last couple weeks.

This is a dumb, dumb post... WE WON!!

3 comments:

Xenti said...

Josh and my dad were at that game. (They had game four tickets....Lucky them!)

I called my dad and said "If the Cards win, you're not leaving that stadium before 3, 4 in the morning because Josh is going to shake the hand of everyone there and talk about the season." He agreed, and said that's why he slept in that morning and went into work late.

When I told Josh that I warned my dad he was happy because he "would have felt bad if he didn't see it coming."

Anyway, that's my big World Series story.

lildira said...

James, Jared and I went to see The Prestige atChase Park the nite before game 3 (the first intown game) and two rows behind us was La Russa and his wife. I think he fell asleep part way through - which makes sense 'cause it was a late showing and he had a big day the next day.

that's my sorta world series story.

April said...

Yeah, this has nothing to do with baseball and I don't even know if you look at this anymore you nonposter (oh, burn) but I'm missing the hell outta you.