Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Budget v Shoes

Jameson and I started a hard core budget 2 months ago. Here is our Budget Box:

Notice the futuristic cardboard of the used envelope box! Our budget does not allow us to even buy it a cool organizer. But it does have a sweet drawing on it.

It's a good, good thing but it makes buying things that aren't accounted for really hard. Even things you need, like shoes. Both of my current chucks ripped up the sides weeks ago (back when there was snow and then more snow). But I haven't been able to buy shoes to replace them until today. Working extra shifts just to get some canvas shoes sure does make you excited to finally purchase them! Too bad they won't get here until next week, free shipping is never fast.

These lovelies are to replace my broken black chucks (I've just been wearing black socks to hide the fact that you can see my feet when I wear them). I've never seen yellow chucks before:

Hopefully they don't get dirty too quick. I haven't decided on lace color yet. Any suggestions? My black ones had green laces. I never use the white ones they come with. Too skinny, too short, overall cheap - in my opinion.

And on to my dream shoes:

I have been trying to find shoes like this for years, YEARS! The $10 green ones kinda like this, that I got in Chicago, where the closest I have come. Those fell apart in about 3 weeks. Here's hoping that these lil ladies last longer and don't give me as many blisters.

Ahh shoes, my feet are excited just thinking of them. Three cheers for All Stars!

3 comments:

April said...

I had shoes kinda like that las year or maybe the year before. They got a hole in the bottom and stunk to high heaven, so I had to get rid of them.

Xenti said...

I can vouch that the smell was horrid.

We need to put together a budget ourselves.

lildira said...

The sweet black shoes arrived - and are too big in a weird uncomfortable way. I will be returning them. I am crushed.

Budgets are good (for life and future) and bad (for current fun and life).